Marian State School
In 2017 Marian State School created an E-learning Vision with the help of Apple’s 8 Elements for Success and the Education Queensland Inquiry Planner.
Marian State School Technology E-learning Vision:
- Every child engaged in all curriculum and assessment opportunities, no
matter their ability.
- Every child prepared for a digital future in the 21st century and beyond.
- All teachers confidently and successfully engage with and teach the Technologies learning area.
- Sustainable Professional Development for staff to support new technologies.
- Access to sustainable, reliable infrastructure and technological devices.
- Access to sustainable support when devices are down.
- Adequate support resources – Human and Physical.
To achieve their vision they developed a 4-year technology plan.
- BYOD school visits
- Research and decide on the best device for school use
- iPad Professional Development (PD)
- All teaching staff provided an iPad and PD delivered by iDesignIT
- Seek and engage further iPad PD for members of the Tech PLC
- Visit BYOD schools
- Review wifi capacity
- Implement trial 1:1 class
- Build teacher leadership and capability
- Parent workshop to experience 1:1 (BYOD) class activities
- BYOD costs to parents and seek EOI from parents for 2019 3/4 BYOD classes
- Implement 2 BYOD classes – Years 3 and 4
- Implement Digital Technologies Curriculum
- Teacher leadership – build teacher capability across the school
- Further parents workshops to experience BYOD class activities
- Parent EOI to implement 2020 BYOD classes
- Implement further BYOD classes years 5, 4 and 3 pending Expression of Interest
- Continue to develop teacher capacity
- Further parent workshops to experience BYOD class activities
- Parent EOI 2021 BYOD classes
In 2018 Marian State School engaged iDesignIT to help implement their 4 year technology plan.
iDesignIT provided teacher-focused school-based technology support to make sure all of the school technology was highly available to teachers and students. Ben Young founder of iDesignIT provided introductory iPad Professional Development that inspired and skilled teachers to effectively integrate technology/iPads into their practice.
iDesignIT continues to provide teacher-focused technology support and tech coaching.
Adam Christensen, the local tech support officer joined the iDesignIT in 2018 as the Education Solutions Manager for Central Queensland. Adam manages two Junior ICT Support Officers Blake and Emily as they support schools across Mackay.